Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Morgan Adams Foundation

It has been some time since I have talked about something that is near and dear to my heart. A year and a half ago I photographed Ariana, a little girl with brain cancer. Sadly she passed away a few months after our session. What she taught me in her short time here on earth was a life long lesson. Live each day to it's fullest because tomorrow is a gift not a guarantee. Hold the ones you care about close to your heart. Never forget to say I love you. Do things to make others smile. Dance like no one is watching. Have compassion for everyone.
I have built a relationship with Ariana's mother, April. I am connected to her in ways I can't quite explain. Our journey in life isn't always clear, but I strongly believe everything happens for a reason. Since Ariana's passing I have had the opportunity to go to a few events for the Morgan Adams Foundation. This is a charity that raises money for research for children with cancer. They do an annual breakfast/fundraiser called "What's Up Doc?" They held the event at the Seawell Grand Ballroom. A few doctors from Childerens Hospital came to talk about the research that is currently being done, how far we have come and how far we still need to go.





The crew from Northwestern Mutual Financial Network

No comments: